If you are conscious about your website traffic resources and tracks website visitors behavior then this option definitely will help you. So many bad bots, crawlers or any suspicious IP you may catch while filtering your visitors or at the time of administration and for your safetly, you have block IP, domain or the IP range with the help of cPanel. So in this article, we are going to learn How to block IP in cPanel? (IP Blocker in cPanel) with easy steps.
Why IP blocker is required?
There are so many reasons which describe the importance of IP Blocker but here we are mentioning some of them,
- To avoid bad bots.
- To block excessive bandwidth consumer.
- To block specific Domain.
- To block specific suspicious IP or whole IP range.
Also, read – How to change WordPress admin password?
How does IP blocker work?
Suppose you have blocked 1.x.x.x IP with the help of IP BLOCKER then when users try to access your website the website will be not reachable for him/her. As a result, you have to keep your website stay from the particular IP user or IP range users. Also the same concept for the domain.
IP Range – The group of IPs which are connected in the same network. IP ranges classified with the help of subnetting.
Note: You can specify denied IP addresses in the following formats:
Single IP Address
Also, read – How to do 1 click WordPress install?
How to block IP in cPanel?
- Login to cPanel.
- Search for IP Blocker and click on it. If you are not able to find the option contact your web hosting provider.
- In Add IP or Range box add IP/Domain/IP Range and Click on Add.
How to remove IP from IP Blocker in CPanel?
If in case you accidentally added the IP of the known user or if you don’t want to keep some IP blocker for a long time you can delist those IP from the list. To know more about the process follow the below steps,
- Login to cPanel.
- Search for IP Blocker and click on it.
- Scroll down, alongside IP you can see one option called Delete button just click on that in order to delist/remove the IP from the IP Blocker.
So, with the help of the above method, we have learned How to block IP in cPanel? (IP Blocker in cPanel). I hope you enjoyed this article. If you have any suggestions/queries feel free to drop your comment, cheers!
Also, read – How to create a subdomain in cpanel?